More tests, not always best
ASCO's Top Five list for oncology
- Chemotherapy for patients with advanced cancers who have seen little or no benefit from prior treatment.
- PET, CT and radionuclide bone scans in low-risk prostate cancer patients.
- PET, CT and radionuclide bone scans in low-risk breast cancer patients
- Surveillance testing and imaging
for breast cancer survivors with no symptoms
- White cell-stimulating factors for primary prevention of fever/infection associated with neutropenia (a low number of a type of white blood cells) in low-risk patients