Why Give to the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center?
Top reasons to support the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Every dollar contributed to the UMCCC goes to the intended purpose with no administrative overhead deducted. This sets us apart from
most other charitable organizations.
- You will be investing in a winner with a proven track record of successful research. The earliest phases of research rely on private
funds to collect the requisite data to seek federal funds from the National Institutes of Health. The UMCCC has demonstrated great success
in leveraging philanthropic funding for research to lead to federal funding. Your gift provides critical seed funding to launch a more
in-depth study with federal research dollars. What a great return on investment!
- The UMCCC offers one of the most comprehensive Patient and Family Support Services Programs in the nation. Our programs are provided to
patients and their families-with a goal of providing these services to every patient who walks through the doors of the Cancer Center.
Many elements of the PFSS Program are almost entirely funded by generous donors.
- The UMCCC treats patients from nearly every county in the state of Michigan. Your gift can help ensure that our patients, those from nearby as well as far away, receive the highest level of support available to ensure
a welcoming, patient-centered experience.
- More and more patients are being financially challenged by their out- of-pocket expenses related to cancer care. Your gift can help us alleviate these burdens so patients can focus on healing rather than hospital bills.