These are some of the many opportunities to make a difference:
- Care Ambassadors - Share your
compassion with others by offering
comfort items to patients and families in
- Courtesy Center - Good with directions?
Assist visitors with information on Ann
Arbor and surrounding areas.
- iPod and Tech Squad - Assist patients
and families by teaching them to use iPod
technology to improve their well-being
and their experience at our center.
- New Patient Guide - Help ease the way.
Assist newly diagnosed cancer patients as
they navigate the health-care system.
- Musician Volunteer - Provide live music
performances in the lobby or other
waiting areas to promote a relaxing
- Patient Advisory Board Member -
board members serve between 2-3 years and are focused on helping the the cancer center deliver the highest standard of patient-family centered care.
- Patient Education Resource Center - Use
computer skills to assist patients and
visitors seeking cancer information.
- Special Events and Projects - As an
individual or as part of a group, lend a
hand with one of the numerous events or
one-time projects throughout the year.
- Consider helping us in a different way. Make a fleece blanket for our Warm Fuzzies blanket project, which offers patients comfort during treatment.
If you are currently caring for someone with a serious illness, if you yourself are dealing with an illness, or if you have experienced the death of a loved one in the past year, this may not be the best time for you to commit to us. However, we hope that you will consider volunteering in the future.
Getting Started is easy
To find out about these or other opportunities to volunteer; or to suggest ideas of your own, contact the Volunteer Program Coordinator, at 734-936-8307.