Most people don't know that cancer chemotherapy includes a variety of drugs that are given in a variety of ways such as:
- Intravenous Chemotherapy: Drugs that are given into the bloodstream through an IV. These drugs can be given
over minutes or hours called an infusion.
- Continuous Infusion: Drugs are given slowly and continuously over several days using a pump.
- Oral Chemotherapy: Drugs that are taken by mouth as pills or liquids.
- Intracavitary Chemotherapy: Drugs that are placed directly into a body area.
- Drugs that are placed on the skin as creams.
Chemotherapy is given in the following areas:
More information about Chemotherapy from our blog, mCancerTalk:
Heart-healthy nutrition for cancer survivors
Chemo Brain - A Real Side Effect
Oncology Care When You Need It - Without the ER
back to top