Home > Cancer and Treatments > Gynecologic Cancers
> Gynecologic Resources
Resources: Ovarian Cancer
The purpose of this information guide is to direct patients and
health care professionals to sources of information on cancer and related topics,
it does not constitute an endorsement of the information contained in the resources.
This list is not meant to be comprehensive, but rather to provide starting points for Information seeking. All listed materials can be found at the Patient Education Resource Center (PERC) of the
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center in room B1-361.
Last updated 11/2010
Print-friendly version of this guide!
CancerCare. "Update on Ovarian Cancer"
Gynecologic Cancer Foundation. "Understanding Ovarian Cancer" [PDF].
National Cancer Institute. "What You Need to Know about
National Ovarian Cancer Coalition:
- "Ovarian Cancer Quality of Life Issues"
- "Ovarian Cancer Resource Guide for Newly Diagnosed Women"
- "Ovarian Cancer Resource Guide for Women with Recurrent Disease"
- "Ovarian Cancer Sexuality and Intimacy"
- "What Everyone Should Know About Ovarian Cancer"
- "When a Loved One Has Ovarian Cancer"
- "Woman to Woman"
Printable versions are available at: www.ovarian.org/
Dizon, Don S. One Hundred Questions and Answers about Ovarian Cancer
2nd Ed. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2006.
Hartman, Lynn C. Mayo Clinic Guide to Women's Cancers: Breast and Gynecologic Cancers.
Rochester, MN: Mayo Clinic, 2007.
Krychman, Michael L. 100 questions and answers for women living with
cancer: a practical guide for survivorship. Sudbury, Mass.: Jones and
Bartlett Publishers, 2007.
Salani, Ritu; Bristow, Robert; Shockney, Lillie; Shapiro, Gary R. Johns
Hopkins patients' guide to ovarian cancer. Boston: Jones and Bartlett
Smith, J. Richard, and Giuseppe Del Priore. Women's Cancers: Pathways to Healing: A Patient's Guide to Dealing with Cancer and Abnormal Smears.
London: Springer, 2009.
Medlineplus.gov Ovarian Cancer Interactive Tutorial
- Access at: www.medlineplus.gov
- Click on "Videos & Cool Tools"
- Click on: "Interactive Tutorials"
- Under the heading "Diseases and Conditions," select "Ovarian Cancer"
This slide show utilizes illustrations, sound, and animations to provide basic, easy-to-understand explanations of the anatomy, diagnosis and treatment
options of ovarian cancer. It is possible to turn on a voice over or print a text version.
American Cancer Society - Ovarian Cancer
- Access the American Cancer Society at cancer.org
- Click on "Learn about Cancer"
- Select "Ovarian Cancer" from the list and click "Go"
American Society of Clinical Oncology - Cancer.Net Guide to Ovarian Cancer
- Access the American Society of Clinical Oncology website at: cancer.net
- Click on "Cancer Types"
- Click on "M-Q" and select "Ovarian Cancer"
National Ovarian Cancer Coalition
This site has information about support services for women with ovarian
cancer and about the disease.
Ovarian Cancer National Alliance
Information for ovarian cancer survivors about living with ovarian cancer, support groups, new research and
Women's Cancer Network
Sponsored by the Gynecologic Cancer Foundation, this site provides news and information on gynecologic cancers.
National Cancer Institute - Ovarian Cancer
National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC)
- Access the National Cancer Institute website at: www.cancer.gov
- Under types of cancer select "Ovarian Cancer"
- Select screening, genetics and testing information from menu
Helpline: 1-888-OVARIAN (1-888-682-7426)
SHARE: Self-help for Women with Breast or Ovarian Cancer
This document is not intended to take the place of the care and attention of
your personal physician or other professional medical services.
Our aim is to promote active participation in your care and treatment
by providing information and education.
Questions about individual health concerns or specific treatment options
should be discussed with your physician.
Return to top