Prostate Cancer Genetics Project (PCGP)
Who can take part in this study?
Males 18 years or older who have had:
- prostate cancer at a young age (age 55 or younger) or
- two or more family members diagnosed with prostate cancer, may qualify to participate in the PCGP.
Any African-American man with prostate cancer may be eligible.
If you know someone who meets these requirements, please pass along this information.
If you decide to enroll, your participation is completely voluntary and confidential. Taking part in this study will not affect your medical care or treatment.
What will happen to me in this study?If it is found that you are eligible for the study following a brief phone interview, you will be asked to:
- Complete a short survey over the phone
- Fill out a family history form about prostate and other forms of cancer
- Sign a consent to release medical record information relating to your cancer diagnosis, and treatment
- Provide a small blood sample
You do not have to travel to Ann Arbor, MI or pay any expenses associated with this research as a participant. The forms and blood kit will be posted to you to complete at your convenience.
All information is collected and stored in a secure and confidential manner.