Prostate Cancer Genetics Project (PCGP)
Why is this study important?
- Data have shown that prostate cancer may cluster in some families.
- Men with a family history of prostate cancer are at an increased risk for developing the disease.
- Prostate cancer risk increases as the total number of affected family members increases.
- The only way to conquer prostate cancer is through an increased understanding of the disease.
- Scientific research is the key to learning more about how to detect and treat prostate cancer.